« Home | America - Home of the Fat » | Booya » | Corey vs. The Mac - Day 2 » | Corey vs. The Mac » | Advertise on Television? You're Welcome » | An Ohio State Gameday » | Rounding Third and Heading Home » | Other Stuff You May Have Missed » | The Disasters You Didn't Hear About » | If Your Heart Isn't Breaking, You Aren't Paying At... » 

Monday, November 07, 2005 

Vote or Die

Persons must not vote more than once in any election ...
(42 U.S.C. 1973i(e))


Yes, it was only 25 years ago that the United States Congress thought about passing a law against voting more than once in an election. Seems kind of funny to me. Back when that was passed, citizens and politicians alike were worried about corrupt organizations and voters stuffing the ballot boxes.

These days, even if it's a presidential election, you have to beg folks to vote.

I suppose it's a combination of ignorance and apathy on our part. Those who do vote stick mostly to party lines or do whatever their favorite newspaper tells them to do. Why? Again, because most people are infuriating lazy.

Campaign commercials are a magic little tool that make us ill informed AND anxious for election season to be over. Organizations will outright lie in an 30 second ad, another one will refute it, and by the end you don't know whose telling the truth and are just sick of the whole thing.

Well, despite the large heap of bullshit that can surround the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November, I sincerely hope that if you are registered to vote, you do it. If you are not registered to vote - you make me want to have a stroke, remember what the point of democracy is?

With this in mind, and bullshit aside, visit this website to get a brief overview of the issues, as well as arguments both for and against them. There is also information on city council candidates at the same site.

I think you personally do a disservice to your country by not voting, so please don't make me kick your ass by not having an "I voted" sticker on Tuesday.

God Bless America, Bitch.

About me

  • I'm C.W. Spring
  • From Columbus, Ohio, United States
  • I'm a senior at Ohio State in Interactive Communications. I used to want to work in broadcasting right out of college, however, I've recently decided to throw that life plan on the backburner and focus on the greatest ambition I listed in my high school yearbook: "To change the world for the better." Broadcasting can wait for me.
My profile

News

    My Latest News Articles (on Newsvine)