« Home | In Memoriam » | 2005: Looking Back » | Vaya Con Dios, Phone » | HOWTO: Never Pay For Ringtones » | You Get to Destroy My Phone » | Nick Burns to the Rescue » | Ann Arbor is a Whore » | The Smart Choice in 2008 » | Vote or Die » | America - Home of the Fat » 

Monday, January 23, 2006 

Suck it, Stern

Update: See, I am the king of all media. I just bought out UPN and the WB

On Wednesday, January 25th, 2006, Howard Stern will cease to be the king of all media, and be replaced by none other than me.

Sort of.

On Wednesday, my first article in UWeekly will be released, thereby making me a published employee of every major form of media - television, radio, and print. Getting paid for two out of three of these ain't too shabby either, since I'm a starry eyed 21 year old yet to graduate from college (TV doesn't pay, I get class credit).

Granted, this is no hard hitting journalism, I write for the Arts and Entertainment, affectionately known to dimwitted college students as "The Hookup." However, this is what I like, and this is what I want to do. Yeah, I've done news reporting before, but honestly, it's so boring. Everything is sensationalized to make things that are mundane seem entertaining and things that are tragic a form of entertainment. No thanks - Given the choice, I'd like to start with something that is supposed to be sensational and entertaining to begin with, instead of trumping up a story most people don't care about.

Anyway, pick up a UWeekly this week - it's at least 200% more fun to read than some other crap out there.

A snippet from Wednesday's bit on Underworld: Evolution

I’ll be honest, I went into this movie expecting very little. A night out watching vampires and werewolves fight to a bloody death and then have sex with each other just doesn’t seem to be very fulfilling. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how this film delivered. Kate Beckinsale again brings an intense and passionate portrayal to the screen as the “death dealer” Selene. The fact that she isn’t very hard on the eyes in her skin-tight leather outfit is not a drawback either.


For the rest, check out a copy of uweekly on campus, or online at www.uweekly.com

Next week I'll be reviewing Annapolis (and maybe talking to James Franco), and interviewing Avenged Sevenfold.



Howard Stern... king of all media, my ass.

About me

  • I'm C.W. Spring
  • From Columbus, Ohio, United States
  • I'm a senior at Ohio State in Interactive Communications. I used to want to work in broadcasting right out of college, however, I've recently decided to throw that life plan on the backburner and focus on the greatest ambition I listed in my high school yearbook: "To change the world for the better." Broadcasting can wait for me.
My profile

News

    My Latest News Articles (on Newsvine)