« Home | The Lantern - Late to the Punch Again » | Pack it up, Pack it in » | It's Spring Time, Bitch » | » | Halfway Home » | » | Spring Break - Day One » | Great American Road Trip » | TGIF » | Snow Day » 

Saturday, April 22, 2006 

Knowing When You're Good

The first time I ever had an "ah ha" moment that I might actually be a good journalist was when Michel Gondry, the award-winning director of Eternal Sunshine and Dave Chappelle's Block Party, personally invited to watch a screening of one of his films with him and a couple of my co-workers, after having a good interview with Dave Chappelle. Long story short - we ended up not being able to see it because the film couldn't be flown to Ohio in time.

Yeah, that's a very cool and surreal experience. A decidedly uncool experience, however, was when I really realized that I might be good:

People start copying me.

Unlike my last post, where a 'rival' paper was late to the punch on a story I already wrote on, this case was a 'Corey Spring copy-paste' from the article I wrote at Newsvine.

Some say it's a nice compliment, but honestly, I don't think I've ever had a compliment that has pissed me off more. Comments are turned off on this one, because I don't think there is anymore to be said that wasn't said in the article and discussion here.

About me

  • I'm C.W. Spring
  • From Columbus, Ohio, United States
  • I'm a senior at Ohio State in Interactive Communications. I used to want to work in broadcasting right out of college, however, I've recently decided to throw that life plan on the backburner and focus on the greatest ambition I listed in my high school yearbook: "To change the world for the better." Broadcasting can wait for me.
My profile

News

    My Latest News Articles (on Newsvine)