« Home | Other Stuff You May Have Missed » | The Disasters You Didn't Hear About » | If Your Heart Isn't Breaking, You Aren't Paying At... » | Come On A YEAH! * » | Giggity-Giggity-Google » | The Mass Exodus of Columbus, Ohio » | A Trip in the Wayback Machine » | Tales From Ozzfest » | Dream Analysis? Keep Dreaming » | Red, White, and Doom » 

Thursday, September 29, 2005 

Rounding Third and Heading Home

There is probably nothing more paradoxically exciting and terrifying then your last year of college. I often get up in the morning and look in the mirror and half expect a deer in headlights to be looking back at me. All this fun, these good times, great friends, and 'best years of your life;' it's almost like I can feel them escaping like sand through my fingers.

So how did my last year at The Ohio State University start out? Good question, my time-wasting companion. It began with my computer taking a snap, crackle, pop and dying on me. That's probably why you haven't seen an update here in awhile. So yeah, that was bad.

In the plus column, however, it looks like I am now an Entertainment writer for U Weekly. When I have a story published, I'll be sure to put a copy of it here too, for you people that are in to that sort of thing. It's kind of funny, for the longest time I wanted to be a journalist (and still do), but it's not a top priority for me anymore. As soon as it wasn't a priority and I didn't cafe, I land a job at a news radio station, become director of music programming at the tv station, and now a writer for a newspaper / magazine. If you don't believe there is irony in this world, you're a moron.

And what would a new year be without new beginnings? Most of our idiot neighbors have fled our turf, and a few cool ones seemed to have moved in - always a plus in CW's book.

Finally, at the beginning of every school year, I try to make a resolution, you know, like at the real New Year's, and not this fake one at the end of September. Last year at this time it was quit my job at Micro Center and find out what was really important to me in life. Gain some perspective, figure out what I would do when I left college (and while I was still in it) to maybe make the world a little better than when I found it. Well, I don't think I'm all the way there yet on that one, but I'm still working on it, and think I'm going to be OK in the karma department. So this year's resolution?

Learn to play the drums.

I encourage the rest of you to make your own 'fake New Year's' resolution. It doesn't have to be anything great or profound, hell, you don't even have to actually accomplish it. The purpose should be the journey it takes you on, not necessarily the destination.

As for me, the set will be in the living room by October 2nd. Come by for a concert later this year.

About me

  • I'm C.W. Spring
  • From Columbus, Ohio, United States
  • I'm a senior at Ohio State in Interactive Communications. I used to want to work in broadcasting right out of college, however, I've recently decided to throw that life plan on the backburner and focus on the greatest ambition I listed in my high school yearbook: "To change the world for the better." Broadcasting can wait for me.
My profile

News

    My Latest News Articles (on Newsvine)