« Home | TGIF » | Snow Day » | The REAL Winners and Losers of The Super Bowl » | News Junkies - Listen Up » | Fun with Facebook Photo Search » | Suck it, Stern » | In Memoriam » | 2005: Looking Back » | Vaya Con Dios, Phone » | HOWTO: Never Pay For Ringtones » 

Thursday, March 16, 2006 

Great American Road Trip

Have your Ft. Lauderdale, keep your Cancun, and save Panama for another day - I'm doing something more interesting this Spring Break - The Great American Road Trip.

Tingley, Jackie, and I will be leaving Columbus in scarce over an hour from now to make our journey to Padre Island, TX. On the way we will see numerous springs, beautiful forest, America's roads, and the inside of an Anheuser-Busch brewery - not bad for the first day.

By Saturday we will catch and pick up Latimer from Austin, TX and see the nightlife 6th Street has to offer. The next four days will be comprised of finding out whether things really are bigger and better in Texas, as we sit on the beach and sip oh so unholy drinks.

And hey, this is the 21st century, we ain't taking no damn AAA route to the southern part of America. I've got a state of the art GPS system hooked into my laptop which will be wired into Tingley's truck, accurately tracking our speed, location, bearing, and elevation from twelve satellites far above the earth. For a rough guess of where we are on certain days - check this out.

Jackie will be keeping an 'analog' journal of our trip in her notebook. However, not to be outdone, I will continue to make posts on this blog, despite the scarcity of internet access. How you ask? I have a phone number I can dial into and record a message that will automatically post on this page. Hey I told you this was the freakin' 21st century, screw paper.

Enjoy your time away from school everyone - I'll meet you in St. Louis.

Shit...totally stole your premise

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm C.W. Spring
  • From Columbus, Ohio, United States
  • I'm a senior at Ohio State in Interactive Communications. I used to want to work in broadcasting right out of college, however, I've recently decided to throw that life plan on the backburner and focus on the greatest ambition I listed in my high school yearbook: "To change the world for the better." Broadcasting can wait for me.
My profile

News

    My Latest News Articles (on Newsvine)