« Home | Snow Day » | The REAL Winners and Losers of The Super Bowl » | News Junkies - Listen Up » | Fun with Facebook Photo Search » | Suck it, Stern » | In Memoriam » | 2005: Looking Back » | Vaya Con Dios, Phone » | HOWTO: Never Pay For Ringtones » | You Get to Destroy My Phone » 

Friday, February 24, 2006 

TGIF

I don't think I'm breaking any new ground here, but Fridays are Fan-fucking-tastic.

At the paper I work for, our deadline is on Friday afternoon. Which this week meant I had to get up early and watch a (heartbreaking) documentary then condense it to 800 words, brush up on whatever Mos Def is up to, and hammer out a final article on the snowboarding thing I did earlier (see last post). There's really no greater feeling in the world then knowing when you are done for the week... particularly if you can celebrate this occasion over a beer and some wings at Happy Hour.

Here's the intro to the article I wrote on snowboarding. It comes out March 1st.

"One Sunday morning, and by morning I mean 1 o'clock in the afternoon, the entertainment staffers at our humble paper were kicking around ideas for stories that we thought would be, well, entertaining. Eventually someone had the thought that it would be interesting to read an article where we put some poor bastard in extreme situations that he had never been in before and then write about them. Well ladies and gentlemen, my name is Corey Spring, and I am that poor bastard. Welcome to the first in a recurring series where U Weekly tries to get me killed."


Thank God It's Friday.

Lazy Sunday, wake up in the late afternoon.

Alexandra + Corey = Crazy Delicious

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm C.W. Spring
  • From Columbus, Ohio, United States
  • I'm a senior at Ohio State in Interactive Communications. I used to want to work in broadcasting right out of college, however, I've recently decided to throw that life plan on the backburner and focus on the greatest ambition I listed in my high school yearbook: "To change the world for the better." Broadcasting can wait for me.
My profile

News

    My Latest News Articles (on Newsvine)